iSpeed - description from Softdepia.com:
Use iSpeed software to adjust your TCP/IP parameters to maximize throughput for your dial-up Internet connections. This remarkable software has a whole set of wonderful features.
The settings for TCP/IP connections established when you install your Windows 95/98/ME/NT/2000/XP do not always ensure the optimal throughput for your TCP/IP network connections. Several simple changes made with iSpeed software can increase your throughput by 50% or more! It results in faster browsing, faster downloads, quicker action for those internet multiplayer games and etc.
iSpeed automatically calculates the optimal values for certain settings based on the values of other settings, allows keeping the settings and throughput history, analyze the data and display the results as a line graph or bar graph. Other features include improved graphing capabilities, your connections monitoring from within iSpeed, and improved support for testing behind a proxy server.
The basic features of iSpeed software:
The trial version of iSpeed is fully functional for 21 days.
- Supports all network adapters installed and initialized (modems, network cards, etc.)
- Online application update checks and installs
- Automatic detection of all network adapters installed and bound to the TCP/IP protocol
- Internal testing and monitoring of your connections from within iSpeed via ftp downloads
- FTP Testing Profile Wizard to aid in the creation of new FTP testing profiles in iSpeed
- Real-time performance monitoring! (dial-up adapters only under Windows 9x/ME)
- Many predefined and pretested settings included that have proven beneficial for many users
- Full setting and throughput history recording and graphing.
iSpeed is a "Free to try" program. You can download and try it for an evaluation period.