OMessenger - description from Softdepia.com:
Outlook LAN Messenger is a Concept LAN chat for interactive communication within Office network. It features text chat, voice chat, group chat, send file, various reminders, alert note and a great number of other functions.
Outlook LAN Messenger software can be integrated into MS Outlook, enabling all the users to share e-mails, contacts, and appointments. Created to be user-friendly, the program runs smoothly and instantly after its installation because it's not server-based and doesn't require to configure any IP addresses.
The key features include:
- Instant setup and run ? not server-based and no IP configuration
- Instant text messaging for private chat
- Group messaging for group discussion
- Voice chat
- File transfer
- Microsoft Outlook plug-in to share Outlook emails, contacts, appointments, journals, notes, tasks
- Remote desktop sharing
- Offline messaging & Offline file transfer
- Reminders and schedule (Remind me, Reminder users, Run application, Open website, Log off/Shut down/Reboot PC)
- Alert notes
- Sealed message delivery to avoid trespassers observation
- Pop-up user chat window using hot keys
- Send pre-set messages using hot keys
- Log file for future reference
- Nice look and feel for user friendly work environment
- Interactive features: ideal user status, emoticons, pop-up notification when user login/logoff, Play sound etc.
OMessenger - description from developer:
Outlook LAN Messenger is a Communication tool especially designed for Small, Midsize and Enterprise-level Organizations to facilitate Communication and File sharing among employees or colleagues, using the local network of the office. This Intranet Messenger is an ideal replacement to using unsecured and unregulated messages over public Instant Messaging networks (yahoo, msn, gtalk, skype) for business use. The software offers a real-time collaboration that improves efficiency and productivity by enabling users to communicate with their colleagues within single or multiple offices from anywhere in the world. Key features include Personal and Group Text Messaging, File Transfer, VoIP Voice Communication, Offline Message, Remote Desktop Sharing, Internal Mail, Remainders and Alert Notes. Available on all the platforms (Windows, Mac, Linux, Webrowser, Android and iPhone) users can benefit from its functions anywhere. The software adopts peer-to-peer Server-less technology, that requires No Server and No Internet connection, and it is compatible in LAN, Terminal Services, Sub-Network, VPN, WAN, Wi-Fi networks. Server Free and Server Pro enables main office, all branch offices and mobile users to connect and communicate between each another. Server Pro offers array of features such as "Office Wall" serving as an Announcement or a Bulletin board, "OMmobi" gets OMessenger in browser of all Office PC, Tablets and Smartphone devices, "Web Admin" to manage the Software from anywhere. Admin Tool is packed with seamless features and easy customization with enormous flexibility to meet each business's specific needs. Conversation history and Log information are stored in Chat Client for reference, and can also store in Central Server for records management. The Software can be installed Quickly and Ready to Use in less than a minute. The software performs automatic user detection, and no need to manually add Users to Contact List.
OMessenger is a "Free to try" program. You can download and try it for an evaluation period.