The Recipe Processor 2000 - description from Softdepia.com:
The Recipe Processor is the perfect tool to manage recipes. Intuitive and easy to use, it offers complete recipe managment from the novice to the professional chef. The Recipe Processor can be easily configured as a single user system, or a multi-user system sharing a database across a LAN. With the Recipe Processor you can adjust serving size & ingredient amounts. For the weight conscious you can calculate nutrition and cost in real time.
Planning a party or just your evening meal? The Recipe Processor offers a search function for recipes by ingredients, categories, recipe name, directions text, or wildcard.
The software allows you to enter your own recipes and to import recipes from many other sources, including Scanned Recipes! Scan favorite recipes from newspapers and magazines, and store them in the Recipe Processor without the paper mess. Export your recipes to share with friends, or create HTML pages from your recipes that will display on the Web!
- Powerful recipe search tools - search for recipes by name, partial name, category, sub category, ingredients, recipe directions text, or by wildcard name.
- Recipe marking allows you to mark recipes for group operations, such as printing, shopping list, deleting and exporting.
- Adjustment of serving size will automatically update the correct ingredient amounts.
- Recipe Processor can display amounts as either fractions or decimals.
- The Recipe Processor displays both ingredient and cooking directions on one screen, each in its own scrollable window.
- Create non printing comments for each recipe. Great for tips that you don't want to share! Comments can also be added to scanned recipes.
- Create shopping lists from recipes you select; or key in your own lists. Save and combine your shopping lists for future use.
- Import and export capability. This function lets you exchange recipes with friends. The Recipe Processor can import from Meal-Master, MasterCook II, and Recipe Box 5.5.
- Unformatted Import allows you to import recipes from any ASCII file or Web Page by using cut and paste operations. Requires almost no keystrokes at all!
- Access most program functions with a single mouse click from speedbar buttons.
- Customize the program with your own colors and fonts for comfortable screen displays.
- Recipe Processor contains twelve cooking guides, from Baking Secrets, to Time and Temperature baking guides.
- Recipe Processor lets you create your own Custom Cooking Guides, and share them with other Recipe Processor users. You can even add sound and video to create an interactive , multi-media Cooking Guide.
- Each recipe can have a picture attached. Unlimited pictures can be "embedded" in the recipe directions text.
- Each recipe can have a media file (any Windows compatible media file) attached to it. Unlimited medi files can be "embedded" in the recipe directions text.
- Display two recipes side by side for food count and cost comparisons.
- Word Definition Dictionary. This user expandable dictionary comes with over 1,000 definitions for cooking terms. Show me!
- Integrated daily and weekly Meal Planner. Show me!
- A real time Nutrition calculator will tell you how many calories, fat, sodium and cholesterol are in each serving. Recipe Processor version adds carbohydrates, protein, fiber, and two user defined nutrition columns to the food count calculator. Show me!
- Recipe costing will tell you how much the recipe will cost. Excellent for catering jobs.
- The ability to create and maintain a unique database (or cookbook) in each directory.
- Quick entry for ingredient descriptions, measures, and amounts are available from a popup window. (All windows are configurable and their contents can be controlled by the user.)
- Customize speedbars with Recipe Processor.
- Recipe Processor lets you customize the size and order of the Recipe Display Header section. The display items can be moved anywhere in the window, and item size, color and fonts can be assigned to the windows contents. Show me!
- Complete cookbook printing utility. Registered Customers will receive the cookbook printing utility. Print a cookbook from your recipes, complete with table of contents, index and custom cover page.
- Create Web Pages from your recipes! Recipe Processor allows you to save recipes in HTML format that can be displayed on the web, including attached pictures!
- Import recipes that are saved in HTML format, including pictures and media!
- Recipe Processor can automatically Backup your recipe database, including pictures and picture attributes. Backup location is user definable.
The Recipe Processor 2000 - description from developer:
New in this version: Add sound and video to each recipe for multi-media recipes. Add your own vocal instructions or endearments to your recipes! Use your favorite software and hardware to create AVI, MPG, and WAV media files, and then attach them to your recipes. Just imagine your children watching and listening to Grandma prepare her favorite recipe! What a great way to preserve family history!
The Recipe Processor 2000 is a feature full recipe management program. Enter and manage individual recipes. Search through recipes by name, category, sub category, ingredient, directions, or wildcard name. Adjust serving size and ingredient amounts instantly. Convert from one measure to another. Print either of two available shopping lists. Display two recipes side by side for comparison. Calculate calories, cholesterol, sodium, fat, protein, fiber, carbs and recipe cost in real time! Features quick entry that will save time and keystrokes when entering recipes. Has an integrated spelling checker. Customize recipe printouts to get a personal touch. The Meal Planner allows for planning meals daily or weekly while tracking nutrition by meal and by
Import recipes from Meal-Master, Master Cook II, and Recipe Box 5.5. New Unformatted Import utility lets you import recipes from any Web page or ASCII file, with hardly any keystrokes!
Advanced features allow you to scan recipes directly from books and magazines, attach pictures and media (wav, avi, mpg) files to each recipe.
Comes with 12 cooking guides, and you can create your own custom cooking guides with multi-media for the ultimate cooking guide tutorials. Import cooking guides created by other users of RPW!
There are over a dozen custom features to specify the way that RPW looks and works! Context sensitive help is available.
The Recipe Processor 2000 is a "Free to try" program. You can download and try it for an evaluation period.